The Hearth and Harvest Box was our chosen selection for June 2017. This is the Pioneer version of that box.
Hearth and Harvest Box Includes:
- Cast Iron Cooking Book
- Covers everything from care of your skillet to delicious baked goods. This book will help you get the most out of your skillet.
- Riverwood Trading Company Spatula
- A hand-carved, wooden spatula that will last a lifetime. The good old wooden spatula was Granny’s utensil of choice for cooking. It stirs, scrapes, it turns all the while getting seasoned. These heirloom quality utensils are hand made by a father and son team in the USA.
- Irish Eyes Herb Seed
- Organic, non-GMO herb seed from one of our favorite seed companies
- Lodge 9″ Cast Iron Skillet with Lodge hot handle holder
- This is a homestead must have. Well taken care of, this skillet will last several lifetimes. It is the perfect size for cornbread, cobbler, and fried eggs. Lodge is America’s Test Kitchen Favorite Raw Cast Iron, and it’s made in the USA.
- Victorinox Fibrox 8″ Chef’s Knife with Blade Safe
- Bigger tasks call for a bigger knife. Granny reached for the butchers knives available back then, but for bigger kitchen tasks we turned to America’s Test Kitchen again. This knife is razor sharp out of the package and out performed $400 custom Japanese chef’s knives. The safety in the kitchen is important for everyone. The blade safe protects your fingers while your knife is being stored.
- Handy Twine Knife
- Harvesting is made safe and easy with the USA-made Handy Twine Knife. For best use, wear it between your 2nd and 3rd knuckle on your middle finger.
- Old Hickory 5″ Paring Knife
- This small paring knife is perfect for all types of task from harvesting in the garden, to dicing potatoes and carrots. It is made with High Carbon steel blade made in the USA.